Shari Sherman

Shari Sherman

Thursday, February 1, 2018

ART...do it on the daily

Happy February 1st! I started off strong outta the gates for the new year. I had my hopes and dreams and my word of the year (DEVOTED, btw).  I had my lofty goals of one blog post a week and one newsletter a month. And I did pretty good! for a couple of weeks.  Then, my husband got sick. Then my daughter got sick. And what seemed like all of the vitamin C and detox tea and Lysol spray and wipes in the WORLD, could not stop me from getting sick.

But here I am. I'm Baaaack!  Back on track. Back on the wagon.

First, I want to say that nothing helps with the healing process more than art. Well, along with the cuddly covers, a nice stuffed animal to snuggle, and some hot honey tea. Those things work on the body, while ART bolsters the spirit. Just a box of crayons and a coloring book can do wonders.

Ever since last year, and the 100-day project where I doodled my way through 100 days, I realized the value and benefit of making, creating something each and every day. Even if it is something that you make in 10-15 minutes. It doesn't really matter what IT is, the act of doing is the important part. So, I have been wanting to start another daily challenge for the new year. I finally decided on Animalia Alphabetica because I love letters and handlettering and I love animals. I didn't want to just commit to doodles or drawing, so it can be whatever it wants to be as long as there are animals and the alphabet!

(Well, I tried to add some pics of what I've done so far, but blogger is not cooperating!!!)

If you are interested in starting your own daily practice project, check out this awesome blog post/resource from Daisy Yellow.  Hopefully, there is something there that will spark your creativity!

Until next time, Lovebeams to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha friends! It's so nice to hear from you!