Shari Sherman

Shari Sherman

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Doodle Habit

Fourteen days ago I signed up for a course on the Daily OM. It is offered by Jen Sincero, author of the book, You are a Badass.  This course, called Unleash the Power of Badass Habits, is basically a 21-day course wherein you can choose what habit you would like to either create or get rid of. I'm sure all of us can thing of many habits that we'd either like to institute or eradicate, but Jen advises early on to just pick one...focus on one. I chose to create a solid habit of Art Every Day.

For me that means, 30 minutes every day of showing up. It could be drawing, painting, sewing, whatever. Well, I have been bitten by the doodlebug! For 30 minutes in the evening, I just let my brain go,..from brain to hand to heart...letting it pour out. And I am loving all of the cute things that are emerging! Some are ideas for future projects, some are patterns, and some are just inklings of what pops into my mind. I can't wait to get to the page each night. 7 more days and I will have a bonafide habit under my belt. I will proudly be able to say "I Create Art Every Day."



Until next time, Lovebeams to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha friends! It's so nice to hear from you!